Vaginal Rejuvenation with Votiva
What is Votiva?
Women of every age can benefit from the power of Votiva! Votiva is a safe and comfortable treatment for labia and vaginal tightening and rejuvenation. It can address both internal and external vaginal health issues without surgery.
As women age, their bodies face a host of new changes. After childbirth many women notice a change in vaginal tone which can lead to urinary stress incontinence and decreased sensation during intercourse. When women reach menopause there are changes that can occur to the vaginal tissue; vaginal dryness being a primary concern for many peri-menopausal and post-menopausal women.
For many women, these changes can be distressing and can affect their sexual and personal relationships. Now there is a non-surgical option to address these changes! Votiva uses FormaV and FractoraV to target the unique type of tissue in and around the vaginal area.
Similar technology has been used on the body and face for many years and had great success with tightening and toning skin in these areas. Votiva uses radiofrequency to stimulate new collagen and elastin. Common concerns like wrinkling, and stretched out tissue can be addressed safely and easily with Votiva.
Votiva can be performed in conjunction with PRP treatment and pairs well with BioTE Hormone Replacement Therapy.
What does Votiva treat?
- Elasticity and wrinkled appearance of the labia and vulva
- Loosened vaginal canal especially after childbirth
- Low blood flow and sensitivity
- Pain sensation caused by labial hypertrophy
- Decrease in sexual interest and self-esteem
- Urinary stress incontinence
- Vaginal dryness
How does Votiva work?
Votiva uses radiofrequency to stimulate new collagen and elastin in vagnial tissue.
- Votiva with FormaV delivers gentle thermal remodeling of the tissue in and around the vaginal area. The benefits of this treatment are tightening of the vaginal vault, increased lubrication, and improved labial laxity.
- Votiva with Morpheus8 is a fractional treatment that remodels tissue (externally).
During your private consultation, we will develop a tailored treatment plan that can include either FormaV or FractoraV or both.
What can I expect during treatment?
Depending on the areas being treated the session lasts approximately 30 to 45 minutes. During a treatment, a small wand is applied to the problem area and delivers safe and effective heat. You can expect to feel a heating sensation during the treatment. Depending on the intensity of the treatment, there is little to no downtime.
While many patients have slight discomfort during and immediately after the treatment, some patients experience no discomfort at all.
How many Votiva treatments are recommended?
A series of 3 treatments is typically recommended for optimal results. During your consultation we will determine the best course of therapy for you.
When can I expect to get results from Votiva treatments?
Votiva offers results that can be felt and seen immediately, with continued improvements over time and with multiple treatments. Some patients have reported immediate changes; even after one 30 minute treatment session you can experience the benefits of Votiva.
Every Votitva treatment regimen is tailored to your specific concerns and goals, however most women benefit from three session spaced 4 to 6 weeks apart. Your results are best maintained with annual or semi-annual maintenance treatments.
How do I prepare for treatment?
- Avoid intercourse for 24 hours prior to treatment
- Stop using NSAIDs, like ibuprofen or Advil, 3 days prior to treatment
- Women should not be on their menstrual cycle when treatment is performed
- Hair should be removed from the treatment area
- Post treatment you should abstain from intercourse for 72 hours
- Avoid hot tubs, pools and bathtubs for 3 days following treatment