BioTE Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy (BHRT)
Kim Schuchardt, PA, has been a Trusted Certified BioTE® Provider since November 2017 and is one of only 1,600 providers in the country, and one of only three in the state of Wisconsin. She has successfully treated men and women from as young as 25 to 75 years with a 96 % continuance rate. Keely Wendt, RN, joined the team in 2020 and is also a Trusted Certified BioTE® Provider.
Live Healthier… Be Happier!
Your hormones are one of the most important regulatory systems that exist in your body. They act as messengers, designed to interact with specific target cells and organs and provoke a change or result. As a result, hormone production changes, and hormonal imbalance can occur.
Unbalanced hormones can have a variety of side effects and symptoms. Immune function falters, putting you at risk for illness and disease. It thereby affects your heart, your metabolism, your joints, your brain, your breasts and your prostate health.
Benefits of Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy: Physical, Mental & Emotional
If you are suffering from exhaustion, stress, foggy thinking, weight gain, sleep disturbances, or other symptoms, BHRT benefits may be able to help you.
The benefits of bioidentical hormone replacement therapy include relief from your hormone imbalance symptoms and a restoration of your hormones to optimal levels.
Some patients start to feel the benefits of hormone therapy in as little as two to four weeks, but full hormone optimization can take up to six months, depending on the individual’s needs as well as the treatment plan that they decide to proceed with.
Hormones & How They Work
Your hormones are chemical messengers that are controlled by your brain. They are designed to interact with specific target cells and organs and provoke a change or result.
As we age, hormone production changes, and hormonal imbalance can occur. Unbalanced hormones can have a variety of side effects and symptoms.
What hormones does the BioTE Method balance?
Testosterone For Women
Studies have shown, hormone replacement therapy can help relieve the symptoms of a hormone imbalance in women, including depression, anxiety, low sex drive, osteoporosis, heart disease, and many other conditions.
Optimal testosterone levels are 150 – 250. Low Testosterone in women may lead to:
- Fatigue, especially midafternoon
- Brain fog
- Low libido
- Inability to orgasm
- Decreased muscle
- Weight gain
- Heart palpitations
Positive Effects of Natural Testosterone for Women
- Relief from Depression and Anxiety
- Improved memory
- Protects Breast, Brain, Heart and Bones
- Increased bone and muscle strength
- Reduced body fat
- Lower cholesterol
Low Testosterone For Men
Studies have shown, hormone replacement therapy can help relieve the symptoms of a hormone imbalance in men, including fatigue, insomnia, weight gain, brain fog, decreased sexual performance, depression, anxiety, and more.
Optimal testosterone levels are 800 – 1100.
Low Testosterone in men may lead to:
- Fatigue, especially midafternoon
- Less motivation
- Decreased stamina
- Belly fat
- Decreased exercise capacity
- Hypertension (high blood pressure)
- Erectile dysfunction
- Decreased quality of erections
- Difficulty climaxing
Positive Effects of Natural Testosterone for Men
- Sharper mind
- Increased muscle mass
- Healthy heart
- Strong erections & healthy libido
- Strong bones
- Plenty of Energy
Facts about Estrogen
Estrogen is present in both men and women. Generally, there are large amounts in women and small amounts in men. Estrogen has over 400 functions in the body!
Common symptoms of low estrogen in women include:
- Skin collagen loss, leads to bladder symptoms
- Vaginal dryness
- Painful intercourse
- Mood swings
- Hot flashes
- Breast tenderness
- Weight gain
- 3,500 women enter menopause daily
– Symptoms may begin up to 15 years earlier
– Most women are affected in more ways than they realize
– Most women do not ever “get over” or “get through” menopause completely where they are completely asymptomatic
Positive Effects of Natural Estrogen
- Controls hot flashes
- Maintains collagen in skin
- Increases serotonin & dopamine (“happy” hormones in the brain)
- Maintains bone density & increases bone strength
- Helps maintain memory
- Helps prevent neurodegenerative conditions
- Lowers cholesterol & increases HDL
- Protects bone, breast, brain and heart
Thyroid Hormones Function
Thyroid hormone is important for regulation of body temp, heart rate, blood pressure and metabolism.
- The thyroid gland controls how quickly the body uses energy (metabolism)
- Act on nearly every cell in the body
- Regulates metabolism
– Increases glucose metabolism (Diabetes)
– Increases protein production
– Increases oxygen consumption (blood pressure, heart rate)
- Regulates growth and tissue differentiation
– Digestion (affects immune system)
– Bone growth/strength
– Muscle tone
– Development of nerve cells
When you have hypothyroidism, certain body functions slow down and may lead to
- dry skin
- memory problems
- bone pain
- muscle aches
Positive Effects of Natural Desiccated Thyroid
- Weight loss
- Improves mood
- Improves body temperature regulation
- Improves body’s metabolic rate, heart and digestive function, muscle control, brain development, and mood and bone maintenance
- Strengthens the immune system
- Could prevent Alzheimer’s disease
- Could prevent cardiovascular disease
What is the BioTE Method of Pellet Therapy?
BioTE Medical provides bioidentical hormone replacement therapy (BHRT) in a pellet form of delivery to help solve hormone imbalances in both women and men. BHRT helps the body return to normal hormonal balance & physiological state.
- Right kind of hormone (bioidentical)
- Right amounts (individualized dosing)
- Right delivery system (pellets)
- Natural, plant-derived compounds
- Same molecular structure as human hormones
- Lasts longer than other treatments, 4-6 months
- Most widely studied form of bioidentical hormone replacement therapy
- Provides steady stream of hormone(s) in your blood
- Individualized dosing
- Implanted under the skin
- You Don’t Even Know It’s There!
The BioTE Process at Lasting SkinSolutions
- Initial Lab Draw
a. Complete blood count
b. Metabolic panel
c. Thyroid panel
d. Testosterone and estradiol panel
- Enter Data in BioTE Dosing Site
a. The BioTE proprietary dosing site produces over 4 million variations of individualized doses to ensure optimal results in hormone replacement therapy
- Pellet Insertion
a. Simple, short, in-office visit
b. Insertion under the skin of the hip
- Post-pellet lab draw
a. Verify proper hormone levels were achieved
b. Scheduled 4 (men) to 6 (women) weeks after pellet insertion
- Annual lab draw to evaluate overall health and wellness on BHRT
BioTE – Frequently Asked Questions
Schedule a Consultation to Discuss BioTE Hormone Replacement Therapy Today!
Be on your way to living healthier and being happier!